Massage is used to maintain physical health as well as inducing relaxation. It helps to alleviate the build up of stress and tension in the muscles from every day use. We use two massage techniques - Swedish massage and aromatherapy massage (see aromatherapy link below). Swedish massage uses massage techniques specifically aimed to relax your muscles as the main purpose is to increase oxygen flow to the muscles and aid the body to remove the build up of toxins. Swedish massage tends to be a much deeper massage than the Aromatherapy therefore is more suited to sports people.
Benefits of massage include:
• Aids weight loss
• Relieves aches and pains and help to tone the muscles
• Relaxation of tight muscles and helps with stiff joints
• Increases blood circulation
• Stimulates the lymphatic system to aid the removal of waste products in the body
• Improves skin colour/texture/elasticity and breaks down fatty tissue
• Stimulates and soothes nerve endings in the skin
• Aids exfoliation process
• Softens and moisturises skin
• Helps stimulate metabolism naturally and improve general health
Our massage therapists use soft relaxing background music to help draw the mind and body into a completely relaxed state.